Bridgnorth Education Centre is an alternative education provision for Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils. Pupils attend for a period of assessment and are then referred to the appropriate provision in order to meet their educational needs; this could be a return to mainstream school, other specialist provision or to remain at the centre.
Aims of Bridgnorth Centre
Our key aim is to develop a highly effective, responsive Pupil Referral Unit which meets the needs of pupils with social, emotional, mental health and medical needs by:
- ensuring the safety of pupils by creating a secure environment.
- providing a high quality learning experience appropriate to the individual needs of the pupils.
- maintaining pupils’ programmes in their local community as far as possible.
- offering professional assessment of the primary need of the pupils to inform their future placements.
- supporting reintegration back into full-time education at the earliest opportunity.
- working collaboratively with schools and professional agencies in order to provide an outstanding educational experience.
- ensuring that pupils have the opportunity to achieve outcomes suitable for them post 16.
Bridgnorth Education Centre Staff
Assistant Head – Secondary – A Savchenko
Assistant Head and Specialist Teacher English – C Vaughan
Centre Manager and Specialist Teacher RE and Maths – R Watters
Office Manager – M Dewhurst
Specialist Teacher Science – L Garside
Teaching Assistant – G Rowe
Learning Mentors – A Savchenko