Harlescott Education Centre
Primary-age children are placed at the Service’s Harlescott Education Centre, usually on a shared placement, remaining on roll with their mainstream primary school.
Aims of Harlescott Education Centre
Our key aim is to develop a highly effective, responsive Pupil Referral Unit which meets the needs of pupils with social, emotional, mental health and medical needs by:
- ensuring the safety of pupils by creating a secure environment.
- providing a high quality learning experience appropriate to the individual needs of the pupils.
- maintaining pupils’ programmes in their local community as far as possible.
- offering professional assessment of the primary need of the pupils to inform their future placements.
- supporting reintegration back into full-time education at the earliest opportunity.
- working collaboratively with schools and professional agencies in order to provide an outstanding educational experience.
PE is every Tuesday for both morning and afternoon groups.
Harlescott Centre Staff
Head of Service – G Portman
Assistant Head – TMBSS – C Lyth
Office Manager – K Ridgway
Administrative Assistant – K Nicholas
Specialist Teacher – M Brown
Specialist Teacher – H Pope
Specialist Teacher – E Miles
Specialist Teacher – A Snow
Specialist Teacher – A Francis
Specialist Teacher MFL – S Dodd
Literary Resources Co-ordinator K Clapham
Teaching Assistants – R Cubbin