Harlescott Education Centre
The Harlescott Education Centre accommodates children in Years 3 to 6, usually on a shared placement, remaining on roll with their mainstream primary school.
Aims of Harlescott Education Centre
Our key aim is to develop a highly effective, responsive Pupil Referral Unit which meets the needs of pupils with social, emotional, mental health and medical needs by:
- ensuring the safety of pupils by creating a secure environment.
- providing a high quality learning experience appropriate to the individual needs of the pupils.
- maintaining pupils’ programmes in their local community as far as possible.
- offering professional assessment of the primary need of the pupils to inform their future placements.
- supporting reintegration back into full-time education at the earliest opportunity.
- working collaboratively with schools and professional agencies in order to provide an outstanding educational experience.
Harlescott Centre’s School Day
|9:15||Morning Session Starts|
|10:25 to 10:40||Break Time|
|12:00||Pupils leave to attend mainstream School|
|13:00||Afternoon Session Starts|
|14:15 to 14:25||Break Time|
|15:00||End of school day|
|PE is MONDAY for both AM and PM groups|
Harlescott Centre Staff
|Head of Service||G Portman|
|Assistant Head – TMBSS||C Lyth|
|Office Manager||K Ridgway|
|Specialist Teachers||M Brown|
|Specialist Teacher (MfL)||S Dodd|
|Teaching Assistants||R Cubbin|