Aims of Oswestry Education Centre
Our key aim is to develop a highly effective, responsive Pupil Referral Unit which meets the needs of pupils with social, emotional, mental health and medical needs by:
- ensuring the safety of pupils by creating a secure environment.
- providing a high quality learning experience appropriate to the individual needs of the pupils.
- maintaining pupils’ programmes in their local community as far as possible.
- offering professional assessment of the primary need of the pupils to inform their future placements.
- supporting reintegration back into full-time education at the earliest opportunity.
- working collaboratively with schools and professional agencies in order to provide an outstanding educational experience.
- ensuring that pupils have the opportunity to achieve outcomes suitable for them post 16.
Oswestry Education Centre Staff
Assistant Head A Harper
Centre Manager and Specialist Teacher Mathematics – E Wainwright
Office Manager – E Spelman
Administrative Assistant – M Joyce
Specialist Teacher – P Parkinson
Specialist Teacher – J Evans
Learning Mentors – H Kelly, P Brown
Oswestry Centre timetable
|9.15 – 9:30||Form|
|9.30 – 10.25||Lesson 1|
|10.15 – 10.30||Break|
|10.30- 11.15||Lesson 2|
|11.15 – 12.00||Lesson 3|
|12.00 – 12.10||Plenary|
|12.10 – 12.45||Lunch|
|12.45 – 13.30||Lesson 4|
|13.30 – 14.15