Aims of Oswestry Education Centre
Our key aim is to develop a highly effective, responsive Pupil Referral Unit which meets the needs of pupils with social, emotional, mental health and medical needs by:
- ensuring the safety of pupils by creating a secure environment.
- providing a high quality learning experience appropriate to the individual needs of the pupils.
- maintaining pupils’ programmes in their local community as far as possible.
- offering professional assessment of the primary need of the pupils to inform their future placements.
- supporting reintegration back into full-time education at the earliest opportunity.
- working collaboratively with schools and professional agencies in order to provide an outstanding educational experience.
- ensuring that pupils have the opportunity to achieve outcomes suitable for them post 16.
Oswestry Education Centre Staff
|Assistant Head||A Harper|
|Centre Manager and Specialist Teacher ||E Wainwright|
|Office Manager ||E Spelman |
|Administrative Assistant ||M Joyce |
|Specialist Teacher ||P Parkinson |
| J Evans |
|Learning Mentors||P Brown|
|S Manning |
Oswestry Centre timetable
|9.15 – 9.30||Meet and Greet|
|9.30 – 10.15||Lesson 1|
|10.15 – 11.00||Lesson 2|
|11.00 – 11.15||Break|
|11.15 – 12.00||Lesson 3|
|12.00 – 12.30||Lunch|
|12.30 – 13.20||Lesson 4|
|13.20 – 14.15||Lesson 5|
Accessibility Plan Oswestry 2019