The PSHE curriculum at TMBSS reflects the school ethos and demonstrates and encourages the following values:
- Respect for self
- Respect for others
- Responsibility for their own actions
- Responsibility for their family, friends, schools and wider community.
The aims of the PSHE curriculum are:
- To educate our pupils, allowing them to make informed choices and to keep themselves healthy and safe
- To educate our pupils about personal hygiene
- To raise self esteem
- To equip our pupils to live full lives whilst accepting the responsibility and consequences of their actions
- To enable our pupils to make informed career choices and equip them to apply for appropriate courses/jobs
- To equip our pupils to be able to manage finances and be critical consumers
- To enable our pupils to develop self-respect, respect for others and form positive, rewarding and stable relationships
- To ensure our pupils are aware of how the law applies to sexual relationships
- To provide our pupils with information about the different types of contraception, safe-sex and how they can access local sources of further advice and treatment.
In Key Stage 4 pupils work towards a formal qualification awarded by AQA. According to the pupils abilities they will achieve one of the following qualifications: Entry 1, 2 & 3 and Level 1 & 2 QCF Award and Certificate in Personal and Social Education.