Sundorne Education Centre is provision for Key Stage 3/4 children in North Shropshire. The centre is located on the outskirts of Shrewsbury.
We take students from all of areas who have been struggling in a mainstream school environment. In Sundorne Education Centre we offer small classes with well-trained teachers to help students reach their potential. With our KS3 pupils, our aim is to move the students on to full time permanent placements in schools that will best work for the individual student.
Aims of Sundorne Education Centre
Our key aim is to develop a highly effective, responsive Pupil Referral Unit which meets the needs of pupils with social, emotional, mental health and medical needs by:
- ensuring the safety of pupils by creating a secure environment.
- providing a high quality learning experience appropriate to the individual needs of the pupils.
- maintaining pupils’ programmes in their local community as far as possible.
- offering professional assessment of the primary need of the pupils to inform their future placements.
- supporting reintegration back into full-time education at the earliest opportunity.
- working collaboratively with schools and professional agencies in order to provide an outstanding educational experience.
- ensuring that pupils have the opportunity to achieve outcomes suitable for them post 16.
Sundorne Education Centre
|Centre Manager and Specialist Teacher Geography||Paul McCann|
|Administration Officer||E Aston|
|Enrichment and Wellbeing Lead/Specialist English Teacher||R Hatton|
|Specialist Teacher Art||C Davidson-Smith|
|Specialist Teacher Art||S Morris-Bhatia|
|Specialist Teacher PE/Maths||P Street|
|Specialist Teacher Science||L Garside|
|Specialist Teacher Maths||A Bloomer|
|Specialist Teacher English/PSHE||G Themeras|
|Specialist Teacher||J MacLachlan|
|Learning Mentors||S Edwards|
|Learning Mentor||A Benbow|
|Learning Mentor||J Prophet|
|Learning Mentor||Sara Heaney|
|Learning Mentor||Bev Jones|
|Deputy Head of Service and Head of SEND||L Bloomer|
|Assistant Head and Designated Safeguarding Lead||J Pearson|
|Business Manager||L Crozier|
|Pupil Welfare and Safeguarding Coordinator||E Spelman|
|Exploitation and Safeguarding Coordinator||D Johnson|
|Careers Coordinator||C Hall|
|Designated LAC Teacher||Jane Fogg|